1. For the purposes of this document GraingerWest Limited (“GWL”) will include, where appropriate, GW Risk Limited (“GWR”). Any references to “we” or “our” or similar collective terms in this document is to be taken to include reference to one or other of GWL and GWR or both as applicable in the circumstances.
2. GraingerWest Limited attempts at all times to make their website as accessible as reasonably possible to all users in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
3. To achieve this, our website has been developed in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines where possible. These guidelines have been published by the World Wide Web Consortium to promote accessibility.
4. The techniques we have used to improve accessibility are as follows:
A. Use of stylesheets
1. We have used cascading stylesheets to control the visual elements of the website.
B. Text Size
1. This site is compatible with the user-specified text size option in visual browsers.
2. The text size can be changed through the View > Text Size menu in your browser menu.
C. Alt text
1. Our policy is that all images that are used to illustrate content include the alt attribute to provide descriptive text alternatives.
2. Images that have a decorative function have an ‘empty’ alt attribute.
E. Site features
1. Scalable text
2. Clearly labelled graphics and image maps
3. No flickering or strobing graphics
4. Cross browser compatible in all modern major browsers
F. Web Standards
1. The site has been built according to the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 level AA and Bobby AAA accessibility standards wherever possible.
G. Browser Compatibility
1. We test all our sites in all modern browsers on Windows, MacOSX and Linux. 2. All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. 3. If your browser or browsing device does not support modern coding techniques, the content of each page is still readable and is presented in a logical order.